Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is seeking a Research Assistant
This position is located in McLean, VA. Since its founding in 2001, SST has been providing high quality professional engineering, software development and engineering, test and evaluation (T&E), and information technology services to our government and commercial customers. We are a New Jersey corporation conveniently located and headquartered near the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey with a satellite office in Reston Va. SST’s services and solutions include Software Development and Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test and Evaluation, Human Factors Engineering, and Project Management Training.
The Human Factors Team requires both technical and administrative support services. The HF Team requires services to support the following activities: (1) human factors and behavioral research concerning highway safety; (2) human factors and behavioral research concerning highway operations; (3) traffic engineering activities; (4) Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) research; and (5) driving simulator experiments and analysis.
The HF team will provide support the administration and execution of its behavioral research programs and will require human factors, experimental design and data analysis, and traffic engineering expertise. However, ultimate decision-making responsibility remains with the client. Contractor staff will handle technical and administrative program activities.
- An Associate’s to a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human factors, engineering, or an equivalent field, and demonstrated experience in behavioral research or highway transportation research.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in:
- Independently conducting literature reviews and assisting in summarizing technical information,
- Participating in designing and conducting research studies related to transportation safety research,
- Performing data collection activities including subject procurement, scheduling, and preparation, field and laboratory data collection, and subject debriefing,
- Carrying out instructions of senior level research team members with minimal supervision,
- Maintaining logs and experimental notes,
- Setting up and operating certain experimental equipment, and
- Preparing draft versions of technical research reports and summaries.
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Human Factors Research Assistant” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to travel when needed
- Flexible schedule
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- U.S. Citizenship required