Immediate Opening: Senior Electrical Engineer
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with strong Global Positioning System (GPS) and Satellite Navigation experience for its civil aviation programs. The position requires a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related fields and 5 years of relevant experience. This position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Candidate will work as part of SST’s civil aviation programs supporting the FAA and Joint DOD/FAA aviation projects. As part of that team, the candidate will work on GPS/Satellite Navigation projects, participating in data collection, data analysis and testing. Candidate will work with GPS receiver, avionics and systems data, assessing functions and performance of GPS avionics and complex aviation computer systems. Position involves analytical skills as a part of processing and analyzing data, participating in a team that modifies software test tools, and conducting testing. Activities also include developing software for analysis of avionics data.
Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, which are necessary for technical reports, and work well in both group and individual assignments. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Identify requirements, plan and execute test and analysis of avionics and GPS aviation system data
- Analyze and assess system architectures, functional and system performance requirements
- Support development of prototypes and data analysis/visualization tools to meet specifications
- Prepare specifications and technical performance reports
- Provide modeling and simulation in support of Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), GPS Modernization, and other Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)/Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) systems
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Requires minimum 5 years’ relevant experience (or 3 year with a MS degree)
- Experience in GPS, Avionics, and GPS Simulators
- Experience in developing software or hardware interfaces
- Analytical / problem solving aptitude
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Electrical Engineer-GPS” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programming knowledge and experience (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python)
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Exposure to processing real-time data, or large volumes of data