Immediate Opening: Electrical Engineer - Math Model
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with strong Math background for its civil aviation programs. The position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computational Science in Engineering, or related fields and 3 year of relevant experience. This position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Candidate will work as part of SST’s civil aviation programs supporting the FAA and Joint DOD/FAA aviation projects. As part of that team, the candidate will work on highly complex math algorithms and models; implementation of existing prototype tools in MATLAB to more efficient version in Python and C/C++; data collection, stats/modeling analysis; event/fault/anomaly analysis; and avionics test and evaluation and validation. Position requires strong math background to understand complex algorithms; strong statistics data analysis experience to quantify data. Algorithm and modeling are an important aspect of the position. Activities also include aircraft avionics/hardware installation and configuration; and ground/flight test support.
Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, which are necessary for technical reports, and work well in both group and individual assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computational Science in Engineering, or related field
- Requires minimum 3-year relevant experience
- Strong math background
- Experience working in mathematical calculations/modeling
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Programming knowledge and experience with MATLAB, C/C++ and Python
- Experience in Unix/Linux platform
- Analytical / problem solving aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Electrical Engineer – math model” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computational Science in Engineering, or related field.