Immediate Opening: Electrical Engineer - GPS
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for its civil aviation programs. The position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields and 3 year of relevant experience. This position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Candidate will work as part of SST’s civil aviation programs supporting the FAA and Joint DOD/FAA aviation projects. As part of that team, the candidate will assist in maintaining and upgrading the National Satellite Test Bed (NSTB) reference stations; install, develop, and manage software at the NSTB reference stations; conduct tests, collect data, and analyze data; develop test plans and reports, as needed; and research and evaluate different GPS receivers. Position involves analytical skills as a part of processing and analyzing data, participating in a team that modifies software test tools, and conducting testing. Duties include working in a Unix/Linux environment and decoding data files using software and analyzing test data are an important aspect of the position. Activities also include aircraft avionics/hardware installation and configuration; GPS receiver/router/equipment installation at NSTB site.
Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, which are necessary for technical reports, and work well in both group and individual assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Requires minimum 3-year relevant experience
- Analytical / problem solving aptitude
- Programming knowledge and experience with C/C++ and Python
- Experience in Cisco routers and network
- Experience in Unix/Linux platform
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Electrical equipment installation experience
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Electrical Engineer - GPS” in the email subject line to email@example.com.
- Familiarity with navigation and GPS systems is not required but a plus