Immediate Opening: Junior Electrical Engineer
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer for its civil aviation programs. The position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields and minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. This position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Candidates will work on a FAA ground-based navigation support project at the FAA’s William J. Hughes Technical Center near Atlantic City, New Jersey. The Technical Center is one of the nation’s premier aviation research and development institutions. As part of that team, the candidate will support the Distance Measuring Equipment (DME), VHF Omnidirectional Range (VOR), and Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN), (DVT) Sustainment Program. The activities include documentation development and review for Performance Requirements Specifications, test plans, test procedures and reports. The candidate will support installation of navigation systems; assist in test activities including witnessing dry-run and formal testing at the vendor's facility or certified test lab, reviewing test procedures and test results for accuracy and conformance to the contract requirements, and ensuring best engineering and test practices are followed; perform data collection and analysis on ground navigational equipment. Duties will also include hands-on working in the field and tool development.
Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, which are necessary for technical reports, and work well in both group and individual assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Requires minimum 1-year relevant experience
- Knowledge of electronics test equipment including spectrum/network analyzers, oscilloscopes, and signal generators
- Data analysis experience/knowledge
- Knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office products
- Analytical / problem solving aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Electrical equipment installation experience
- Must be able to work well independently and with a team
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Electrical Engineer - DVT” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Familiarity with navigation and landing systems is not required but a plus
- Experience/knowledge with LabView and MATLAB for data collection and analysis
- Mechanically inclined