Immediate Opening: Software Engineer
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking a Software Engineer with strong DevOps background for its civil aviation programs. The position requires a BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. This position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)'s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Candidate will work as part of SST's civil aviation programs supporting the FAA aviation projects. As part of that team, the candidate will design and develop software for analysis of GPS/Satellite Navigation data, develop software test tools and data analytics/visualization tools. Duties include developing software to support satellite navigation projects in DevOps and Kubernetes implementation; create and maintain a Kubernetes/Docker bare metal cluster; create and maintain a CI/CD pipeline for developers; and support developers in tool deployment, and push tools into cloud. Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills, which are necessary for technical reports and presentations, and work well in both group and individual assignments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computational Science in Engineering, or related fields
- Requires minimum 5 years’ relevant experience (or 3 year with a MS degree)
- Analytical / problem solving aptitude
- Strong DevOps background
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab or similar
- Experience in Kubernetes/Docker, especially bare metal clusters
- Experience in container build and deployment
- Experience in automation using Ansible, Salt, or similar
- Experience in Python
- Familiarity with Linux administration
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Cloud Certification in Azure a plus
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Software Engineer-WAAS” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.