Immediate Opening: Electrical Engineer - ALS
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer for its civil aviation programs. The position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields and 0-5 years relevant experience. Recent grads with related co-ops and/or internships will strongly be considered. This position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Position is for hands-on electrical engineer with interest/experience in hardware testing, circuit analysis, and field installation of systems/components, with some work in system engineering (e.g., specification development, requirement research). The prospective candidate will work with Visual Guidance Lighting Systems project team. The candidate will participate in the Test and Evaluation process including field installation, system testing and specification development activities, requirement verification, and writing of test plans, procedures, and reports. Candidate will also support the installation of lighting systems at the WJHTC VGLS test facility.
The following tasks are expected to be performed:
- Support requirement research for lighting system requirement document
- Conduct the RRCS component, LED flasher testing using the approved test procedures
- Develop test plan, procedures and reports
- Support the installation of the lighting systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 0-5 years relevant experience
- Hardware testing and circuit analysis
- Experience using test equipment
- Technical Writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
Nice to have skill sets:
- AutoCAD or similar
- System engineering (research requirement and system specification development)
- Field electronic equipment installation
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Electrical Engineer - ALS” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.