Human Factors Consultant
Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking Part Time Freelance Consultants with expertise in Human Factors, Usability/User Experience, and/or Business Process Modeling for our civil agency programs. Previous Healthcare and/or DOD experience is desired.
We have part-time independent consultant openings at all experience levels. Extremely flexible hours, 100% remote. Possibility of long-term and full time employment openings if desired.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
• Provide Human Factors support across the product lifecycle including customer and user needs identification, development of user and workplace profiles and usage scenarios, task analysis, requirements specification, generation of design concepts (creation of prototypes and graphical user interfaces), usability testing, user error analysis, and post-launch outcomes analysis.
• Additional tasks include standards development, in-house training, and popularizing of HF role.
• Plan, design, and execute usability evaluations, scenarios/use cases, and other user-centered research; contribute to design recommendations and improvements to the user experience.
• Conduct qualitative and some quantitative data analysis for research and user experience studies, and partner closely with design and strategy personnel to synthesize findings into actionable design principles.
· Degree (Bachelor’s required, Graduate preferred) from an accredited university in psychology, human factors engineering, interaction design, or related field
· Practical HFE experience with a demonstrated understanding and proven record of success in usability and user centered design
· Experience working in both design consulting and corporate environments a plus
· Ability to travel domestically as needed
· US Citizen or Green Card holder
SPECIFC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have many (not necessarily all) of the following.
· Domain experience: designing and/or evaluating healthcare information systems including electronic health records (EHRs) and patient-centered healthcare delivery systems. Medical Subject Matter Expertise a plus.
· User-centered research/design and business analysis techniques including:
o Design artifacts such as User Journey Maps, Customer Experience Maps, and Service Blueprints, Personas/Archetypes
o Interviews, focus groups, cognitive walkthroughs, and tabletops (facilitation, analysis);
o Summative and Formative usability testing
o Process and information models using notations such as Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Decision Model and Notation (DMN), and Unified Modeling Language (UML)
o Analyzing and re-engineering clinical workflows
· Time and Motion Studies
· Critical Decision Method
· User Experience (UX) guides
· Usability inspections/design audits/walkthroughs
· Graphic Design: Icons, Graphs, Silhouettes, Bordering, Thumbnails, Process Diagrams, Headers, Branding, Animations, Storyboards, Web Page images
· Usability and modeling tools including:
o Balsamiq or similar
o Morae or similar
o Modeling and diagramming tools: MS Visio or similar