Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking a highly motivated RF Engineer for our civil aviation programs. This position is located at the FAA’s William J. Hughes Technical Center near Atlantic City, New Jersey though temporarily remote. Must have a BSEE, MSEE or related and minimum of 5+ years in the field. Strong RF experience is required. Previous FAA, DOD or related experience is helpful but not required.
The prospective candidate will work with the Test and Evaluation, Navigation and Landing Team supporting the Distance Measuring Equipment (DME), VHF Omnidirectional Range (VOR), and Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN), (DVT) Sustainment Program. The prospective candidate should also possess expertise in Radio Frequency Engineering including, RF Theory, analysis of RF circuitry, modulation, and RF antennas. The candidate should be mechanically inclined and able to participate in installation and test and evaluation of RF Navigation Systems.
The Following tasks are expected to be performed:
- Installation of Navigation Systems
- Test and Evaluation of Navigation Systems
- Apply RF expertise to the evaluation of RF related requirements
- Data Collection and Analysis
- System Test and Evaluation
- RF Testing/RF Electronics Systems Experienceand Knowledge
- Installation and Checkout
- Test and Evaluation
- Data Analysis
- RF Circuitry
- RF Antenna Pattern - Transmit/Receive
- Proficient in operating RF Test and Analysis equipment
- Spectrum / Network Analyzers
- Signal Generators
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant RF experience
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with FAA, Aviation or DOD is a plus but not required
- experience writing Test Plans and Procedures is helpful
- US citizenship or green card is required
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “RF Engineer” in the email subject line to email@example.com.