Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking a highly motivated Test Engineer for our civil aviation programs. This position is located at the FAA’s William J. Hughes Technical Center near Atlantic City, New Jersey though temporarily remote. BS in Engineering is preferred. BS in Comp Sci, Physics, or related will also be considered. 5-8 years of Test experience in an FAA or DOD related environment is desired.
The prospective candidate will work with the Test and Evaluation, Navigation and Landing Team supporting the Distance Measuring Equipment (DME), VHF Omnidirectional Range (VOR), and Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN), (DVT) Sustainment Program. The candidate should have Test and Evaluation experience with some knowledge of Test Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports.
The Following tasks are expected to be performed:
- Test and Evaluation of Navigation Systems
- Assist in Documentation Development and Review
- Work with Test Plans, Test Procedures and Reports
Electronics Systems Experience
- Test and Evaluation Processes
- Installation and Checkout
Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
Technical Writing Experience
Good communication skills including engaging in technical discussions in small and large groups
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant Testing experience (will also consider an MS Degree with 3+ years)
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with FAA or DOD is highly desired
- US citizenship or green card is required
SST offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance and 401k. Please submit your resume in confidence with “Test Engineer” in the email subject line to email@example.com.