Spectrum Software Technology (SST) is currently seeking a Test Engineer for our civil aviation programs. BS with 15+ years of relevant experience is required Must have previous FAA experience.
The position is located at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s William J. Hughes Technical Center adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport, New Jersey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform highly complex testing and analyze network systems development including integration, systems testing, probability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans to maintain the credibility/viability of the system.
- Investigate and report complex operational matters of significance in conjunction with other engineering and technical support to ensure cost effective and efficient resolution to problems.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in design, development, implementation, and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs for systems testing.
- Support Leads and consult with client management on complex systems; determine system requirements; recommend process and/or program improvement, coordinate with project team and follow through on implementation.
- Design and develop test plans, procedures and tools.
- Conduct customer-witnessed testing and document results.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Organize and maintain baseline regression procedures in support of operational releases.
- Support Operational patch testing, including system and adaptation changes.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field).
- Experience using software testing tools such as RTC, RQM, DOORS, and SQL.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Experience with FAA standards is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Testing software, databases, cloud computing.
- Knowledge of FAA T&E Standards as identified in the T&E Handbook.
- Knowledge and experience with "Agile" development and testing including rapid deployment, sprints, etc.
- Ability to put complex concepts into simple terminology.
- Some basic coding experience.
- Database experience.
- Cloud experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Atlassian products including JIRA.
SST offers competitive salaries and 100% paid benefits including health, vision, & dental insurance that start day one. 401K with match. PTO plus 11 paid holidays. Relocation assistance.
Please submit your resume in confidence with “Test Engineer" in the subject line to email@example.com